Established over 10 years ago as the result of a push by the Conseil Général de l’Aube to revitalise its local economy, the Technopole de l'Aube en Champagne, situated in Troyes, is now a major player in the economic and technological development of Aube.
One of the strategic missions of the Technopole de l'Aube en Champagne is innovation engineering which consists of identifying, evaluating and selecting innovative projects and then supporting the entrepreneurs as they develop and create their new company.
Currently, 38 companies are based at the Technopole employing over 300 people.
- 1998: Establishment of the business incubator (pépinière d’entreprises)
- 1999: Creation of the Société d’Economie Mixte de la Technopole de l’Aube en Champagne (SEMTAC), a semi-public company.
- 2000: The Technopole de l'Aube en Champagne joins the France Technopole - RETIS Network
- 2001: Establishment of the business centre (Hôtel d’entreprise)
- 2002: The EBN awards the Technopole de l'Aube en Champagne the status of EC-BIC - European Business and Innovation Centre
Mission of the Technopole de l'Aube en Champagne:
- To promote and provide information on the infrastructure of the Technopole
- To identify innovative projects
- To provide assistance in creating projects (writing a business plan, organising expert advice panels etc.)
- Support and mentoring of projects